zone="^"

Adam X
Hi,

This jumpstart example uses zone attribute as in the title:

http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/javascript/modal/1

What does this notation mean? I can't find any documentation on this.

Adam

Re: zone="^"

Peter Hvass-3
Hey there Adam! It means it targets the nearest containing zone!

i.e.:

<t:zone t:id="zone1">
>     <t:zone t:id="zone2">

        <t:eventlink event="bob" zone="^">Bob</t:eventlink>

    </t:zone>
> </t:zone>

In this example the eventlink targets zone2.

Hope this helps!

Peter

On 28 November 2016 at 17:48, Adam X <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This jumpstart example uses zone attribute as in the title:
>
> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/
> javascript/modal/1
>
> What does this notation mean? I can't find any documentation on this.
>
> Adam

Re: zone="^"

Adam X
Thanks !

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:53 PM, Peter Hvass <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey there Adam! It means it targets the nearest containing zone!
>
> i.e.:
>
> <t:zone t:id="zone1">
>>     <t:zone t:id="zone2">
>
>         <t:eventlink event="bob" zone="^">Bob</t:eventlink>
>
>     </t:zone>
>> </t:zone>
>

> In this example the eventlink targets zone2.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Peter
>
> On 28 November 2016 at 17:48, Adam X <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> This jumpstart example uses zone attribute as in the title:
>>
>> http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart7/examples/
>> javascript/modal/1
>>
>> What does this notation mean? I can't find any documentation on this.
>>
>> Adam

Re: zone="^"

Bob Harner
FYI, this is mentioned in the docs here:

  http://tapestry.apache.org/ajax-and-zones.html

(about half way down -- search for the word "carat")