t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

angelochen

Hi,
looking for an eCommerce software in Java, is there a 'Tapestry 5 friendly'
one? to make it clear, I'm quite comfortable in Tapestry5 and like it very
much, however, making an eCommerce software from scratch will be a big task,
abandoning T5 for this coming project is something I don't like to happen,
any suggestions to have T5 and an existing e Commerce software working
together? Thanks,

A.C.

Re: t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

Lutz Hühnken
Hi Angelo,

what kind of e-commerce software are you thinking of?

If it is a straight-forward online shop - we built www.toplicht.de
about two and a half years ago with Tapestry and ever since we did, we
wanted to open source the code as a an open source e-commerce project
(the name would be "Cokios", see www.cokios.org).
We never really got round to it... and of course there would be some
work left to do, remove customer specific code, create a sample shop,
update to Tapestry 5.1... but still, I think it might be a good
starting point,  better than starting from scratch.

If you would be interested in using and maybe even in contributing to
an open source tapestry e-commerce software, I might actually start
putting some code in the sourceforge repository.

Tell me what you think,

Lutz

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Angelo Chen<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> looking for an eCommerce software in Java, is there a 'Tapestry 5 friendly'
> one? to make it clear, I'm quite comfortable in Tapestry5 and like it very
> much, however, making an eCommerce software from scratch will be a big task,
> abandoning T5 for this coming project is something I don't like to happen,
> any suggestions to have T5 and an existing e Commerce software working
> together? Thanks,
>
> A.C.

altocon GmbH
http://www.altocon.de/
Software Development, Consulting
Hamburg, Germany

Re: t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

angelochen

Hi Lutz,

toplicht.de looks good, that's the kind of ecommerce site I'm thinking
about, yes I'd like to contribute as long as it is already in T5, I know
nothing about t4 or earlier.

Angelo

Lutz Hühnken wrote:

> Hi Angelo,
>
> what kind of e-commerce software are you thinking of?
>
> If it is a straight-forward online shop - we built www.toplicht.de
> about two and a half years ago with Tapestry and ever since we did, we
> wanted to open source the code as a an open source e-commerce project
> (the name would be "Cokios", see www.cokios.org).
> We never really got round to it... and of course there would be some
> work left to do, remove customer specific code, create a sample shop,
> update to Tapestry 5.1... but still, I think it might be a good
> starting point,  better than starting from scratch.
>
> If you would be interested in using and maybe even in contributing to
> an open source tapestry e-commerce software, I might actually start
> putting some code in the sourceforge repository.
>
> Tell me what you think,
>
> Lutz
>

> On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Angelo Chen<[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> looking for an eCommerce software in Java, is there a 'Tapestry 5
>> friendly'
>> one? to make it clear, I'm quite comfortable in Tapestry5 and like it
>> very
>> much, however, making an eCommerce software from scratch will be a big
>> task,
>> abandoning T5 for this coming project is something I don't like to
>> happen,
>> any suggestions to have T5 and an existing e Commerce software working
>> together? Thanks,
>>
>> A.C.
>> --

> altocon GmbH
> http://www.altocon.de/
> Software Development, Consulting
> Hamburg, Germany

Re: t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

Erol Akarsu
Hi Lutz,

Do you have plan to share surce code of your web site
,http://www.toplicht.de/, written with Tapestry?

I would be interested in researching to build my own web site.

Thanks

Re: t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

Ben Gidley
Administrator
If you are after billing and subscriptions you should consider something
like Zuora. They offer eCommerce as a SaaS and it is basically just a
webservices API to let you get the data to render.

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 5:57 PM, Erol Akarsu <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Lutz,
>
> Do you have plan to share surce code of your web site
> ,http://www.toplicht.de/, written with Tapestry?
>
> I would be interested in researching to build my own web site.
>
> Thanks

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk

Re: t5: T5 friendly e commerce software?

Adam Zimowski
We also have been discussing open-sourcing our eCommerce platform. Our
company is porting current Struts/Spring implementation to Tapestry 5.
Our current sites, which are being ported are:

www.chdist.com
www.avenuesupply.ca
www.industrialsupplies.com

All three run on the same platform, customized deployment. We are
planning on launching T5 version early 2012 of these sites, after
which we may open source it due to small internal team.

Our T5 ported platform is designed from scratch with possibility of
open sourcing in mind.

Open Source: T5 (application) - API (business logic)

Keep closed source: our EJB implementation of the API

So initially, unless community implements API, the system would not
run. The management here has no interest of sponsoring public API
implementation, so community would have to pick that up...

Adam