WhiteSpace Compress

Lherm Nicolas
Hello,

I read in paragraph http://tapestry.apache.org/component-templates.html $ Whitespace in Templates , that Tapestry " compressed" the white -spaces.

In my application , I have repeated whitespace and they are reduced to a single space character . However, I would like to keep those whitespaces on the final rendering.

I try to add at my tml file : xml: space = "preserve " into the <span> however this did not worked .

Re: WhiteSpace Compress

Qbyte Consulting
Even if Tapestry emits the white space, the browser will ignore it. You
must use &nbsp; to include additional spaces, yes?

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Lherm Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read in paragraph http://tapestry.apache.org/component-templates.html $
> Whitespace in Templates , that Tapestry " compressed" the white -spaces.
>
> In my application , I have repeated whitespace and they are reduced to a
> single space character . However, I would like to keep those whitespaces on
> the final rendering.
>
> I try to add at my tml file : xml: space = "preserve " into the <span>
> however this did not worked .

RE: WhiteSpace Compress

Lherm Nicolas
Nope, I just search a label from a database.

Inside the label there is somes whitesspace but it still the label.

Even if Tapestry emits the white space, the browser will ignore it. You
must use &nbsp; to include additional spaces, yes?

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 1:28 PM, Lherm Nicolas <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I read in paragraph http://tapestry.apache.org/component-templates.html $
> Whitespace in Templates , that Tapestry " compressed" the white -spaces.
>
> In my application , I have repeated whitespace and they are reduced to a
> single space character . However, I would like to keep those whitespaces on
> the final rendering.
>
> I try to add at my tml file : xml: space = "preserve " into the <span>
> however this did not worked .

RE: WhiteSpace Compress

Bob Harner
Using xml:space="preserve" in the tml file has always worked perfectly for
me. What.version of Tapestry are you using, and can you show us the snippet
of the tml file?