The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Emmanuel Sowah
Hi guys,

Tapestry did not make it to a recent Web frameworks report released by
Zeroturnaround found here:
http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/the-2014-decision-makers-guide-to-java-web-frameworks/
.

This to me, and many others, is the clearest evidence yet that Tapestry has
failed and that Tapestry is no more relevant. Tapestry, once a rising star
with huge following, is reduced to rags with a very small cult following.
Users of Tapestry now are mostly newbies to Java or just finished school
and playing about with some home hobby projects. Or people, like Thiago H
de Paula Figueiredo, who write applications not used by more than 3 people.

Now, to hammer the last nails on Tapestry's coffin, I've decide to write a
blog with the title: *The Rise and Fall of Tapestry*. The paragraphs I
would discuss include:

1. The begin
2. How Tapestry betrayed it's users by breaking existing code base at any
major release.
3. The arrogance of Howard Lewis *Ship*
4. When the 'H' in Howard became 'C' to form Coward.
5. When the Ship sank.
4. How Tapestry became a one-man project
5. Migration path to other web frameworks
6. How Tapestry would be remembered.
7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his clients'
projects.
8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry or Tapwickstry.

I want to have 10 points to write about in my blog. Please feel free to
suggest some other points for me.

I have to mention that I will strictly moderate comments on my blog in
order to filter out venomous comments from Tapestry cult trolls like the
ones I've seen here the last few days.

Please contribute.

Cheers

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

George Christman
I'd just like to say I currently use Tapestry in some very large projects
without issue. I'm not sure why your wasting your time trolling this
mailing list.

--
George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
P.O. Box 735
Johnstown, New York

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Peter Hvass
You are my guiding light Emmanuel - I look forward to absorbing any and all
nuggets of wisdom you post on your blog. I am so glad that finally someone
with enough time on their hands has come to speak the truth about the evil
demon enclosure that is Tapestry with its patron lord of darkness Howard.

Yours eternally,
Peter

--
George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com
Johnstown, New York

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Lance Java
> 7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his
clients' projects.

Drink a shot!

> 8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry

Drink a shot!

> or Tapwickstry.

... and another!

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Taha Hafeez Siddiqi
I came to Tapestry from Wicket after reading such a trolling email but I could never thank the guy.

If it were you Emmanuel, then thank you.

On Nov 22, 2013, at 3:05 PM, Lance Java wrote:

>> 7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his
> clients' projects.
>
> Drink a shot!
>
>> 8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry
>
> Drink a shot!
>
>> or Tapwickstry.
>
> ... and another!

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
On Fri, 22 Nov 2013 05:37:11 -0200, Peter Hvass <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> demon enclosure that is Tapestry with its patron lord of darkness Howard.

I also want a cool title like that! :D

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Borut Bolčina
You need professional help. That's my contribution.

2013/11/21 Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>

> Hi guys,
>
> Tapestry did not make it to a recent Web frameworks report released by
> Zeroturnaround found here:
>
> http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/the-2014-decision-makers-guide-to-java-web-frameworks/
> .
>
> This to me, and many others, is the clearest evidence yet that Tapestry has
> failed and that Tapestry is no more relevant. Tapestry, once a rising star
> with huge following, is reduced to rags with a very small cult following.
> Users of Tapestry now are mostly newbies to Java or just finished school
> and playing about with some home hobby projects. Or people, like Thiago H
> de Paula Figueiredo, who write applications not used by more than 3 people.
>
> Now, to hammer the last nails on Tapestry's coffin, I've decide to write a
> blog with the title: *The Rise and Fall of Tapestry*. The paragraphs I
> would discuss include:
>
> 1. The begin
> 2. How Tapestry betrayed it's users by breaking existing code base at any
> major release.
> 3. The arrogance of Howard Lewis *Ship*
> 4. When the 'H' in Howard became 'C' to form Coward.
> 5. When the Ship sank.
> 4. How Tapestry became a one-man project
> 5. Migration path to other web frameworks
> 6. How Tapestry would be remembered.
> 7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his clients'
> projects.
> 8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry or Tapwickstry.
>
> I want to have 10 points to write about in my blog. Please feel free to
> suggest some other points for me.
>
> I have to mention that I will strictly moderate comments on my blog in
> order to filter out venomous comments from Tapestry cult trolls like the
> ones I've seen here the last few days.
>
> Please contribute.
>
> Cheers

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Muhammad Gelbana
LOOOL @ Thiago :D

*---------------------*
*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM, Borut Bolčina <[hidden email]>wrote:

> You need professional help. That's my contribution.
>

> 2013/11/21 Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Tapestry did not make it to a recent Web frameworks report released by
> > Zeroturnaround found here:
> >

> http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/the-2014-decision-makers-guide-to-java-web-frameworks/
> > .
> >
> > This to me, and many others, is the clearest evidence yet that Tapestry
> has
> > failed and that Tapestry is no more relevant. Tapestry, once a rising
> star
> > with huge following, is reduced to rags with a very small cult following.
> > Users of Tapestry now are mostly newbies to Java or just finished school
> > and playing about with some home hobby projects. Or people, like Thiago H
> > de Paula Figueiredo, who write applications not used by more than 3
> people.
> >
> > Now, to hammer the last nails on Tapestry's coffin, I've decide to write
> > blog with the title: *The Rise and Fall of Tapestry*. The paragraphs I
> > would discuss include:
> >
> > 1. The begin
> > 2. How Tapestry betrayed it's users by breaking existing code base at any
> > major release.
> > 3. The arrogance of Howard Lewis *Ship*
> > 4. When the 'H' in Howard became 'C' to form Coward.
> > 5. When the Ship sank.
> > 4. How Tapestry became a one-man project
> > 5. Migration path to other web frameworks
> > 6. How Tapestry would be remembered.
> > 7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his
> clients'
> > projects.
> > 8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry or Tapwickstry.
> >
> > I want to have 10 points to write about in my blog. Please feel free to
> > suggest some other points for me.
> >
> > I have to mention that I will strictly moderate comments on my blog in
> > order to filter out venomous comments from Tapestry cult trolls like the
> > ones I've seen here the last few days.
> >
> > Please contribute.
> >
> > Cheers

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Emmanuel Sowah
Hi guys,

To my huge surprise, I've received many contributions to my upcoming blog
post and I want to thank all of you that did that. Of  course I welcome
some more. So if you haven't sent a contribution please do so. Like the
others did, send them to my email address. I'll keep it confidential so no
need to worry.

I'm still working on the blog post. I will post the link here on the
mailing list after I publish it.

Again, thanks to all that mailed me their contributions.

Cheers

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Tapestry did not make it to a recent Web frameworks report released by
> Zeroturnaround found here:
> http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/the-2014-decision-makers-guide-to-java-web-frameworks/
> .
>
> This to me, and many others, is the clearest evidence yet that Tapestry
> has failed and that Tapestry is no more relevant. Tapestry, once a rising
> star with huge following, is reduced to rags with a very small cult
> following. Users of Tapestry now are mostly newbies to Java or just
> finished school and playing about with some home hobby projects. Or people,
> like Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo, who write applications not used by more
> than 3 people.
>
> Now, to hammer the last nails on Tapestry's coffin, I've decide to write a
> blog with the title: *The Rise and Fall of Tapestry*. The paragraphs I
> would discuss include:
>
>  1. The begin
> 2. How Tapestry betrayed it's users by breaking existing code base at any
> major release.
> 3. The arrogance of Howard Lewis *Ship*
> 4. When the 'H' in Howard became 'C' to form Coward.
> 5. When the Ship sank.
> 4. How Tapestry became a one-man project
> 5. Migration path to other web frameworks
> 6. How Tapestry would be remembered.
> 7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his clients'
> projects.
> 8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry or Tapwickstry.
>
> I want to have 10 points to write about in my blog. Please feel free to
> suggest some other points for me.
>
> I have to mention that I will strictly moderate comments on my blog in
> order to filter out venomous comments from Tapestry cult trolls like the
> ones I've seen here the last few days.
>
> Please contribute.
>
> Cheers

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Jon Williams
Great. Let's hear what all your Anonymous Cowards have to say.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> To my huge surprise, I've received many contributions to my upcoming blog
> post and I want to thank all of you that did that. Of  course I welcome
> some more. So if you haven't sent a contribution please do so. Like the
> others did, send them to my email address. I'll keep it confidential so no
> need to worry.
>
> I'm still working on the blog post. I will post the link here on the
> mailing list after I publish it.
>
> Again, thanks to all that mailed me their contributions.
>
> Cheers
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 11:31 PM, Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Tapestry did not make it to a recent Web frameworks report released by
> > Zeroturnaround found here:
> >
> http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/the-2014-decision-makers-guide-to-java-web-frameworks/
> > .
> >
> > This to me, and many others, is the clearest evidence yet that Tapestry
> > has failed and that Tapestry is no more relevant. Tapestry, once a rising
> > star with huge following, is reduced to rags with a very small cult
> > following. Users of Tapestry now are mostly newbies to Java or just
> > finished school and playing about with some home hobby projects. Or
> people,
> > like Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo, who write applications not used by
> more
> > than 3 people.
> >
> > Now, to hammer the last nails on Tapestry's coffin, I've decide to write
> > blog with the title: *The Rise and Fall of Tapestry*. The paragraphs I
> > would discuss include:
> >
> >  1. The begin
> > 2. How Tapestry betrayed it's users by breaking existing code base at any
> > major release.
> > 3. The arrogance of Howard Lewis *Ship*
> > 4. When the 'H' in Howard became 'C' to form Coward.
> > 5. When the Ship sank.
> > 4. How Tapestry became a one-man project
> > 5. Migration path to other web frameworks
> > 6. How Tapestry would be remembered.
> > 7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his
> clients'
> > projects.
> > 8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry or Tapwickstry.
> >
> > I want to have 10 points to write about in my blog. Please feel free to
> > suggest some other points for me.
> >
> > I have to mention that I will strictly moderate comments on my blog in
> > order to filter out venomous comments from Tapestry cult trolls like the
> > ones I've seen here the last few days.
> >
> > Please contribute.
> >
> > Cheers

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Boris Horvat
Well I am sure his imaginary friend this he is cool

Sincerely
*Boris Horvat*

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Matheus Eduardo Machado Moreira-3
+1 :-)

   Atenciosamente,

Matheus Eduardo Machado Moreira
[hidden email]

2013/11/22 Borut Bolčina <[hidden email]>

> You need professional help. That's my contribution.
>

> 2013/11/21 Emmanuel Sowah <[hidden email]>
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > Tapestry did not make it to a recent Web frameworks report released by
> > Zeroturnaround found here:
> >

> http://zeroturnaround.com/rebellabs/the-2014-decision-makers-guide-to-java-web-frameworks/
> > .
> >
> > This to me, and many others, is the clearest evidence yet that Tapestry
> has
> > failed and that Tapestry is no more relevant. Tapestry, once a rising
> star
> > with huge following, is reduced to rags with a very small cult following.
> > Users of Tapestry now are mostly newbies to Java or just finished school
> > and playing about with some home hobby projects. Or people, like Thiago H
> > de Paula Figueiredo, who write applications not used by more than 3
> people.
> >
> > Now, to hammer the last nails on Tapestry's coffin, I've decide to write
> > blog with the title: *The Rise and Fall of Tapestry*. The paragraphs I
> > would discuss include:
> >
> > 1. The begin
> > 2. How Tapestry betrayed it's users by breaking existing code base at any
> > major release.
> > 3. The arrogance of Howard Lewis *Ship*
> > 4. When the 'H' in Howard became 'C' to form Coward.
> > 5. When the Ship sank.
> > 4. How Tapestry became a one-man project
> > 5. Migration path to other web frameworks
> > 6. How Tapestry would be remembered.
> > 7. Why Howard finally embraced Wicket and started using it in his
> clients'
> > projects.
> > 8. When Tapestry became Wicketstry or Tapwickstry.
> >
> > I want to have 10 points to write about in my blog. Please feel free to
> > suggest some other points for me.
> >
> > I have to mention that I will strictly moderate comments on my blog in
> > order to filter out venomous comments from Tapestry cult trolls like the
> > ones I've seen here the last few days.
> >
> > Please contribute.
> >
> > Cheers

Re: The Rise and Fall of Tapestry

Thai Tran
7 years of trolling and hating. Common dude, grow up and get a life