Tapestry Scaling

Ben Gidley
Administrator
Hi,

I thought it was worth posting an update on the launch of
http://www.seesaw.com/ - we launched the site to the public this month.

The site has seen a lot of visitors over its launch period (I am not allowed
to release actual stats) but Alexa shows us just as the 1200 most popular
site in the UK. Our load testing has shown the site scaling to 33
pages/second (the transactions/second is a lot higher if you include
images/javascript/css).

The key things this has demonstrated are
- T5 hasn't got in production any inevitable memory leaks
- Performance doesn't degrade over time

We are also very pleased with how our migration to Tapestry has worked out -
we have a lot of nice (reusable) components that gives our editorial team a
good degree of control over the site.

We are hoping the user base will now start to grow - as we are starting TV
adv

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk

AW: Tapestry Scaling

ARD Marx Tobias
Hi Ben!

Are you going to use a CDN to deliver the website in the future?

Thanks!

Tobias

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

Re: Tapestry Scaling

Ben Gidley
Administrator
Nope - we don't use a CDN for the main website - but we do for the video
associated with it.

The reason is our hardware/bandwidth are more that capable of delivering the
web content more cost effectively that using a CDN. For video the bandwidth
is sufficiently large it is cheaper to use a CDN so we do.

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk
[hidden email]