T5: logging statements logged twice using Log4j

T5: logging statements logged twice using Log4j

britske
Hi,

I'm having the problem (always had as far as I remember, but it starts to bug me now) that when using Log4j with Tapestry every log-statement is logged twice to the console. For example, the last few lines before the tapestry is initialized look like this:

INFO - ApplicationContext.log(646) | org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.utils.Log ERROR: logLevelConf: null
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.utils.Log ERROR: logLevelConf: null
INFO - ApplicationContext.log(646) | org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: loaded (conf ok)
org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: loaded (conf ok)
INFO - Http11BaseProtocol.init(144) | Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
INFO - Http11BaseProtocol.start(156) | Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080

Since the formatting of the 'duplicates' is different I figure there must somehow be a different logger at work.
I already tried pluggin in the vanilla logging.properties from the tapestry 5 archetype but nothing changes.

Anyone got any clue where to look?

p.s: I'm running in Tomcat 5.5  does this have anything to do with  it?

Re: T5: logging statements logged twice using Log4j

kamiseq
set log4j.additivity.org.tuckey=false

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński