Problems using ioko-cache control

Tobias Marx
Hello everyone!

I am trying to use ioko-cache control in a project.

Adding the dependency and starting the project again was working so far.

The problem is, once I add the cache-markup, the app breaks at runtime with:

Exception constructing service 'ContentCache': Error invoking constructor uk.co.ioko.tapestry.caching.services.ContentCacheImpl(String) (at ContentCacheImpl.java:55) via uk.co.ioko.tapestry.caching.services.CacheModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at CacheModule.java:36) (for service 'ContentCache'): net.sf.ehcache.management.ManagementService.registerMBeans(Lnet/sf/ehcache/CacheManager;Ljavax/management/MBeanServer;ZZZZ)

Have there been any changes in Tapestry 5.2.4 that break it?

Thanks!

Tobias

Re: Problems using ioko-cache control

Ben Gidley
Administrator
There should be more of the exception - that would tell us what is actually
breaking.

ioko haven't tested it with Tapestry 5.2.4 - but I don't see any reason it
wouldn't work. The error you are seeing suggests it is trying to register
the EHCache JMX monitors and failing for some reason.

If you switch logging to debug it  should have printed out the nested
exception.

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 2:33 PM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone!
>
> I am trying to use ioko-cache control in a project.
>
> Adding the dependency and starting the project again was working so far.
>
> The problem is, once I add the cache-markup, the app breaks at runtime
> with:
>
> Exception constructing service 'ContentCache': Error invoking constructor
> uk.co.ioko.tapestry.caching.services.ContentCacheImpl(String) (at
> ContentCacheImpl.java:55) via
> uk.co.ioko.tapestry.caching.services.CacheModule.bind(ServiceBinder) (at
> CacheModule.java:36) (for service 'ContentCache'):
> net.sf.ehcache.management.ManagementService.registerMBeans(Lnet/sf/ehcache/CacheManager;Ljavax/management/MBeanServer;ZZZZ)
>
> Have there been any changes in Tapestry 5.2.4 that break it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tobias

Ben Gidley

www.gidley.co.uk