Cannot use an EntityTransaction while using JTA

Cannot use an EntityTransaction while using JTA

Andreas Ernst
Hi,

i work with the new Payara 4.1.1.161.1, since version 4.1.1.161. They
changed to EclipseLink 2.6.2 (Patched to payara-p1).

Maybe someone is also using the GlassFish Clone.

I was searching several time, what causes this error.

   @CommitAfter
   @PersistenceContext(unitName = "")
   Object onSuccess() {
   }

Payara 4.1.1.154 works fine with this code. I am still investigating
this issue.

Maybe someone has also this issue.

I am not sure is this an Payara, Tapesty or EclipseLink issue.

Regards
Andreas
--
ae | Andreas Ernst | IT Spektrum
Postfach 5, 65612 Beselich

Re: Cannot use an EntityTransaction while using JTA

Andreas Ernst
Hi,

Am 01.04.16 um 16:30 schrieb Andreas Ernst:

> Hi,
>
> i work with the new Payara 4.1.1.161.1, since version 4.1.1.161. They
> changed to EclipseLink 2.6.2 (Patched to payara-p1).
>
> Maybe someone is also using the GlassFish Clone.
>
> I was searching several time, what causes this error.
>
>   @CommitAfter
>   @PersistenceContext(unitName = "")
>   Object onSuccess() {
>   }
>
> Payara 4.1.1.154 works fine with this code. I am still investigating
> this issue.
>
> Maybe someone has also this issue.
>
> I am not sure is this an Payara, Tapesty or EclipseLink issue.

so, it is clear, that this is an issue of EclipseLink and Tapestry.

Eclipselink is throwing an error for that issue after the 2.6.1
releases. I use persistence units with transaction-type="JTA".

This worked until Eclipselink 2.6.1. Is there a chance to support JTA
transaction in Tapestry?

Here is the link for this issue with Payara:

https://github.com/payara/Payara/issues/736

Regards
Andreas