Angularjs Datepicker as alternative to Tapestry Datefield

Angularjs Datepicker as alternative to Tapestry Datefield

Barry Books-2
I've been trying out the Angurlarjs Datepicker
http://angular-ui.github.io/bootstrap/ as a replacement for the current
Tapestry date picker. The great thing is it integrates with Bootstrap but
I'm having trouble figuring out how to integrate it with Tapestry. I can
get it to work but I have not really used Angularjs before and it has it's
own ideas about how client side javascript should work. Has anyone tried
Angularjs with Tapestry or have any pointers?

Thanks
Barry

Re: Angularjs Datepicker as alternative to Tapestry Datefield

Taha Hafeez Siddiqi
Hi Barry,

I have used Angularjs with tapestry. I used tapestry as an asset pipeline and server side IOC.

I don't think using Angularjs just for a date picker is a great idea. I think angularjs is too big a library for a date-picker. Secondly it will be introducing a new technology into tapestry-core. (Yes I agree it is just javascript but believe me when I say it is a new technology).

regards
Taha